Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Margaret Mclaren's Review of The Glassblower of Murano by Marina Fiorato


 

I feel a “ . . . sick reluctance in my chestspoon” to review this book that is “. . . tugging at my innards”. Although I enjoyed the visual renditions of “ . . . silver palaces roosting in the twilight along the canal”, I found myself growing so annoyed that by the end of it, my resentment had grown hotter than “ . . . a sleeping salamander”.

 

But every cloud, they say, has a silver lining! This book is more good news for aspiring novelists! You too can become an award-winning author. No need to worry about a depressingly predictable (and silly) plot line, bad grammar, or even downright weird word combinations. In fact, you can obviously get your novel published even though it was written by a Microsoft Word spell checker.

 

Isn’t it comforting to learn that you don’t need talent to win book awards? Perhaps once you’ve worked “with” Russell Crowe, Angelina Jolie, the Rolling Stones, and Aerosmith, anything is possible. All I can say is that Oxford University must be busy hiring a public relations firm to help them cope with the embarrassment of having this woman claim that she studied history there.

 

Sorry I don’t have time to comment further - I’m too busy rummaging around my office for that half-finished novel.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite in this book was "'Antonio?' Corradino said interrogatively . . . "
    I laughed . . . laughingly. Out loud.
    And yes, "chestspoon" appeared at least three times.
    To my thinking, that's three times too many.

    Whoever edited this book deserves a place on the unemployment rolls.

    ReplyDelete