Saturday, September 28, 2019

Wonderland IV


One, of two items, that I will comment on to close out Summer 2019 in Monte Rio is today’s Wonderland stage production at Michael Tabib’s Russian River Hall.
This is the third calendar year Rhian Millar & Paul Dubray have done one of their periodic Russian River documentaries.   They locally stage a variety show to exhibit the talents of an “in- focus” River town.  They record the sound for a later broadcast on KRCB radio and edit a video; for I assume, an eventual Russian River documentary – that is Rhian’s profession.
It was a sentimental performance for me today.  Nostalgia for me watching many of my KGGV radio peers participating in a talent review: Damien Olsen co-MC-ing with Paul; Sadie Damascus doing her Laughing Lady schtick; Pat Nolan & Gail King reading poetry. 

This all in a venue 100 meters away, and me sitting in a small section surrounded by luminaries: Dan Fein, Ann Erickson, Cynthia Strecker, Jane Kleimo, and John Schubert.  This was a turnout of Monte Rio’s Who’s Who.



No comments:

Post a Comment