Sunday, August 2, 2020

Finally Not Fat

For twenty-two years, I’ve been living in Monte Rio, but my friends and neighbors have always berated me because my BMI indicated OVERWEIGHT.

I started here at 190, plus – which went to and above 200, but I rationalized that I was on a cusp.  I was legally 5’ 8” [CDL].  Nonetheless, I have cycled to lower and lower weights, usually with a relapse.  I got down to 175 a few years ago.  Then the DMV shocked me, finding that I had lost an inch, my CDL now says, 5’ 7”.  So I have had to renew efforts.  This stressful past year with floods and CoVid-19 has provided me the opportunity to slowly, a pound at a time, drop down to 158, a 36” waist, reasonable for a well-fed, healthy male.  Barring an erotic love affair with a sous chef, I look forward to bragging to my Kaiser doctors this Fall, if and when they let me in, and to tell my neighbors to quit calling me fat.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment