Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami


I don’t want to say too much about this book.

 

Sorry, spoiler alert for anything I might say beyond page 1.

 

This book is continuously surprising.

 

Is it for 9-year-olds? 

     Maybe --  Maybe not ---  Maybe sort of. 

 

Is it for an 18-year-old boy? 

     Maybe --  Maybe not ---  Maybe sort of. 

 

It worked for me, and I am well beyond any category.

 
I picked it up [from the New Arrivals shelves],

  because I thought it might be another of those graphic novels.

 

    “Was it,” I thought to myself?

 

         Maybe --  Maybe not ---  Maybe sort of. 

 

 

After a dozen pages,

  I thought to myself,

      “Was it written for kids or with deeper meaning?”

 

         Maybe --  Maybe not ---  Maybe sort of. 

 

 

 

When I had finished, I thought to myself,

      “Was this a good book?”

 

         Maybe --  Maybe not ---  Maybe sort of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment