Friday, November 3, 2017

Can't we talk about something more PLEASANT?


GOOD CHOICE this month ! !
I liked this book so much, I bought a copy to share with:
 
my kid sister, with whom I shared death duties;

my ex-wife, who also played a role;
& my daughter, whose turn will soon come.

I have read a few graphic novels.  This one was especially good because:
-  I’ve been there, done that, forgotten memories;
-  Ros Chast is an accomplished author
    {many books, professional cartoonist);
-     It’s the answer to dyslexia (heard on NPR).


-    Graphic books level the playing field for reading.
-    Dyslexia or not, reading is an elite class distinction.
-    Movies were the first leveler, bringing stories to billions rather than millions.
-    We have moved into the age of podcast, utube, & graphic novel.
-    Next is 140 second downloaded multimedia – binge-watched or one segment at a time.
-    Trump would love this media if only he had an art director.






 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment