Saturday, February 22, 2020

Spring is Busting Out All Over


I'll take a camera with me tomorrow to catch some of the local vineyard color.
For today, I've attached a picture from each end of the narrow strip,

between Mike & Holly's house [closer to the Rio Theater].

We both improved this area after the flood, and the co-joined
  effort to make it look "nice" worked this Spring.
No more weeds, dead patches, or invasive morning glory vine.
This is the first year my Clematis vine has had such profuse flowers.
The other vines [Jasmine] will come with summer heat.
I can only hope that my two baby lemon trees [1-2 years],
   only a few feet apart from my neighbor's  [5-6 year] trees,
     [now in full fruit], will soon be bringing the wafting
      aroma of citrus bloom.

And of course, this always reminds me of landing at
   Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv in late Spring,
    and rather than the fetid stench one might expect,
     the passenger, leaving the terminal, nay, almost departing the plane, is treated to the most aromatic, sugary, scent of orange groves, surrounding the airport.  This had to be on purpose, to put one in a positive mood for adventures in Israel.
One of which, is still a predilection of mine,
   starting the day with sucking the juice of a fresh lemon.
A local Sabra bestowed this quirk of mine on me.


No comments:

Post a Comment