Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Some of the Good Side of Sheltering at Home

I haven’t had a TV since I re-found radi0 in 2006.  So I didn’t really know about “HD” video.  I watch old 30’s and 40’s B&W movies and binge-watch reruns of 80’s and 90’s program series.

Imagine my surprise, when I accidentally was dropped into a uTube video of classical music.
Now I use uTube all the time, for repair instructions, as well as viewing and posting my own videos of local events.
But CoronaVirus stay-at-home boredom had crept in and I was ready to step out of my old-age bubble.

WOW.!!!
This last decade has changed the world as far as classical video recordings.  HD has brought a focus to beauty and sexuality.

Instead of quietly capturing a single side view of the performance, these days it is performance art.  Multi-cameras, a creative camera director, and coordination with the performing artists, who are now, not just virtuosos, but performance artists with gowns, make-up, and performance direction to be their most … ..

Bill Campbell and I used to attend the S.F. classical performances.  We at times, but rarely had fantasies about individual female virtuosos.  There was a Violist… .. But mostly it was that Bill and I were used to performers who came to the UofA, like, Wanda Landowska, pianist (died 1959).

Sex, in the last century, was not a part of the concert hall.
Oh that I wish it had been.
Oh, do I wish that I were 50 years younger these days.
All the “old” classics have been re-choreographed for SEX.
I’d be there with roses and champagne, were I 50 years younger.
Tonight, I’m smitten with Khatia Buniatishvili, pianist with great hair, and
Sarah Chang, violinist.  For Bob Mora, I recommend, Alison Balsom on the trumpet.
But they are all fantastic, and spell-binding.
Try the smorgasbord.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Wgb7sJEls

No comments:

Post a Comment