Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Peter's Winter Vegetable Soup

 

Peter’s Winter Soup

  
A colander full of Tuscan Kale leaves, cut into 1” pieces – I thought today about the fact that my Kale from last summer had not only survived the winter, but was thriving, and growing new leaves.

2.    Beans & bread – I Googled recipes and learned that most Countries toss the kitchen sink into a Winter Soup, so I started with a can of Kidney beans that had been on my shelf for years; and half a loaf of organic seeded bread that was in my airing cabinet for about a week – I crumbled that up.

3.     Root vegetables were common in the suggested recipes, so I diced a fresh packet each of onions and carrots, as well as two handfuls of just-sprouting new potatoes .

4.    For fluids, I dumped in a half a jar of “Very Veggie”, a staple for me; the last inch of a wine wine; and a half jar of Sonoma Roasted Garlic Sauce.

5.    For spice, I added half a pack of artisanal salami, diced.

6.    So far [Tues 4pm] , I have added two pints of “Osmosis” water, which brought the liquid level to the top of my copper pot.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment