Saturday, May 9, 2020

Drive Ins - The New Economic Model


May 20, 2028

I turned 90 today.  I didn’t think I’d make it.  Who would have thought I’d open a business in my 80’s?  But Drive-ins were an acceptable short-term solution until Italy’s Dr. Corleone’s quinine-based shot in late 2024, which killed the virus in its tracks.

There weren’t many people left that remembered “drive-in’s”.  But after the restaurant business took a hold, I just ran the space allocations, any restaurant could join and many did..
I bought up large parking lots to start with and then created more.  I rented a 4 -8 spot section for a franchise, like KFC.  We’re talking 1000+plus parking slots.  I kept it to three franchises.  Everything was computer controlled.
I handled the minor problems: I called on County services for more serious problems.

This created a boom.  Soon others than food purveyors wanted to join in.  Initially manicures across the car window.  Then an avalanche of herbalists, pill-pushers, organic vegetables, entrepreneurial performance groups, and people wanting to show movies.

You went to Peter’s drive in to get something,
Eventually to get everything and anything.

 *  *  *
Back in 2020, I thought
I’ll be starting, when the State lifts the ban on under ten gatherings, showing movies in my back yard, where there’s room for 4-8 people, with distance. 
My plan is to, on the occasion, quickly put up three 4’ X 8’ plywood panels [painted movie screen white] against my back fence, up to the height of the clocks.  Pot luck food in the center.  Since it will start late – I think it should be coffee and desserts.

No comments:

Post a Comment