Sunday, May 3, 2020

Twilight Aromas


It’s twilight now, 6pm, the wind is still, my 49er flag droops unhappily (no games).  But it’s a wonderful time to walk the garden(s).  Walk down the curving front steps from my raised house, and you are immediately enveloped in the heavy romantic aroma of lemon blossoms, half mine, half my neighbors.  This scent always reminds me of Ben Gurion Airport in Israel, unexpected, but enchanting.
Down the border between neighbors, I have found that Clematis vine survives floods, little sun, and poor care.  But this year, the enriching flood waters of the past flood, have spurred all my Clematis all over the yard and deck to come early and strong.  Their aroma is mild and fleeting, but if the Clematis immerses one in a thicket, it is exotic.
Mostly far back on my property are dense groves of Jasmine.  There is no missing these from far away, it is an erotic perfume.  Jasmine flourishes on my property, and so one runs into patches of Jasmine everywhere, front to back, and it reminds one of its’ captivating scent.


No comments:

Post a Comment