Wednesday, July 8, 2020

From the Cats Eye View


From the Cat’s Eye View
A long time ago, this land was a plain, a few trees, but little growth to mention.  Today it is a jungle, with tall, strange plants, aromatic smells that arouse passions.  Flowers galore abound, the variety of plant life is stunning. 
This wonderous growth has clarified the three levels of life in this world: below ground is the world of bugs and plant roots; the world above the ground is for the birds, and other flying creatures, each of which entice me; and above ground are others like me,  the dogs who irritate everyone with their noise, the food-makers who are pleasant, and others of my similar size who are competitors, to be watched.
I don’t know what to make of this changing world.  Dramatic change takes place every day.  I explore further each day, but so far, nothing is any different anywhere else.

2 comments:

  1. All in the eye of the beholder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this picture current? I thought the flowering clematis was around somewhere.

    ReplyDelete