Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Pattie's New Adventure


On Mon, Oct 14, 2019 at 6:44 PM Peter Andrews <tuesdaypeter@gmail.com> wrote:
All was peaceful and quiet at Pattie's house,
 when Peter went off to a GJ meeting in Santa Rosa
   this afternoon at 2:30.
But before he returned at 6:00,
  Correy had come by and decided to stock the
    fireplace with wood from the backyard pile.
She hadn't been here in a week, and didn't know just how
   fast Pattie had become, and with such a passion to run
     free in the yard.
Before Correy knew it, Pattie was out in the yard,
  and couldn't be enticed to come back;  Correy even tried
    to feed her, but Pattie wasn't having any - she smelled birds.
When I arrived home, I searched high and low for twenty minutes, and given up,
 .  I was getting the LOST CAT sign ready
    when I looked out Pattie's favorite bathroom window
     one more time and saw my neighbor.
"Haven't seen my white kitty, have you?"
"Oh, she's right there, below you & me."
"You mean talking with that great big gray Tom?"
The Tom skulked away, slowly.
"I'll be right there - please keep talking to her"
Even I, had a hard time picking her up, to bring her back.
"We were just talking about things", she said.
I fed her immediately,
  and unfortunately, she ate heartily. *1 [see below]
Correy was long gone - in hiding, I suppose,
   in case I'm mad because I found her out
   or that I'm sad because I didn't find her at all.

All is forgiven, Correy
  This cat has a rising thirst for wide-open spaces,
  and we must all be ever-vigilant for another 10 days.
I've almost lost her out the doors three times this week
  and it's a real fight [tooth & nails], when she gets close.
I'm still frustrated at the clinic's poor coordination after the Doc said
  next week and the admin scheduler said No, two weeks.


*1 Note: She ate her tuna appetizer - licked the plate clean
               Then
                Did not come to Peter with a purring Thank You
                  for rescuing me, finding me, bringing me home,
                 But when straight to bed,
                    perchance to dream?

*2 Note:  Half an hour later, she's back for more.
                    "No more wet food , Pattie, but here are the
                       kibbles you like"
                   She drinks water and eats at the kibbles,
                    at first eyeing me like I'm a hated predator
                     [eyes up - eyes down - at every bite - up - down]
                     finally , she makes a power move,
                      Turns 180 degrees, butt to me, and continues eating,
                        "I DO NOT FEAR YOU  -  I do what I wish".
              and she retires to bed, yet again, by herself.


No comments:

Post a Comment