Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Veggie Garden - Whats Next


Now that I’ve got a vegetable garden, what’s next?
My daughter’s visit last Sunday was a Summer 2020 Marker.
This afternoon, I sampled some carrots (not yet large enough) and some radishes (exactly right now).  I’ve been eating, and cooking with, lettuce, chard, snap peas, and new potatoes for about two weeks now.
I started a kitchen window herb garden at the advice of my neighbor, Carol Carsner, who is my culinary advisor.  I have been using snips of herbs from there for about a month.  I have attached Pic 1, ”herbs”, along with my “Stewp” pot, which I used tonight to cook up some chicken with a ton of veggies.  It makes so much, I asked Carol how to stretch things out for a few days. [Pic 2 “Veggie Chicken”]
She referenced Rachel Ray’s TV program where they use a term halfway between stew-pot and soup-pot.  I was looking for adding in some pasta or spaghetti tomorrow night, to suck up some of all the liquid I wound up with.  When I told Carol that I had two Le Crueset cast iron, oval Dutch ovens, it stunned her.  

   Sure they were smaller-size, but still at $300 a pop!! – I got them at Whole Foods twenty years ago, and long before the Donald Trump Tariff Wars. [Pic 3 “French Pots”]




No comments:

Post a Comment