Thursday, June 25, 2020

Mellow-Ville-by-the-river


A little of this, and a little of that,
   from Mellow-Ville-by-the-river
A swarm of three hummingbirds descended
   upon my amalgam of trees: Gingko, Pear, Fig,
   this afternoon, mesmerizing my cat.  She doesn’t
fantasize chasing nor catching them [too fast, too high].
I think it is the aerobatics that interest her.  She loves chasing butterflies: their erratic flight maneuvers tantalize her.  I concur with her that combat pilot training should incorporate butterfly flight maneuvers.  She has Tom Cruise envy.
Recently some may have wondered, “Where did all that stuff go: some his, some Cory’s, some just junk?”  Well, the answer is, downstairs.  So, as I now complete the “cleansing” of my house, I have begun the purge of  the basement floor area.
It’s the end of the post-flood cleanup. -I recently patched up the laundry, toilet, and sink; today I moved tools from the basement floor to a table in the garage.  
I packed up Corry’s things from upstairs into storage cartons in the garage.  I took a bunch of chess things [a storage carton full]  out to the shed.
Tomorrow, I need to pack up and move to the shed, my home movie equipment: projector, DVD player, stereo system(s), DVDs, and lighting, including some of last year’s “pics” – three more storage cartons, into the garage.
The weather is blissfully mellow, June 25, 2020, 6:16 pm.  Early crops in the garden are eatable, just starting to top.
Strange visit last night [7-9 pm] from “old” friend from KGGV/Church days.  Any visit to my house is odd, in that I don’t encourage contact these days.  I’m happy being a hermit and have severed most of my contacts with former groups.  I am only peripherally involved in one ZOOM weekly meeting about memoir writing.
The subject is always relationships [not with me] and I’m not sure I like the role of Father Confessor for the next-to-me, age group of women.  I happily opine, which is what old men do.  Visitors, however, rarely follow advice to the lovelorn.  It is the listening with attention that they seek.
Day 3 of my veggie stewp.
I pulled the smallest container from the fridge just now.
Way too dry.
All the bits and pieces are there, but “WAY TOO DRY”.
Should I add in a tomato sauce?
Prego
Or Paul Newman’s Sauce?


No comments:

Post a Comment