Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Apocalypse Now?


There was mild concern expressed by my family and friends,
 this past week about my recent Apocalyptic blog post to FB.
Fear not – my back yard is still my serenity, escape haven;
 now also for my kitten – yearling to be in one month. 
Please note [ Why Pattie Goes Up Trees ] link below,
https://youtu.be/khxCHeDp9Dk . {lens cap does come off}.
It was just my age showing.
I grew up in a world where the Brits and us ruled the World: not
 just military power but smarts too.
That worked for the 20th Century, but now I’m a post-Y2K being.
Post-19 has changed the pecking order:
  China (?), India (??), Italy (???).  I can’t grasp this.
But my scientific training tells me these are the smart guys.
I’m just the target market guy, [ 81-82 ],
 waiting my turn to be Soylent Green.
Dystopian would be thinking this was an evil plan.
I believe it was just sheer incompetence on the part
  of the “old rulers”.
Like Sue, it appears to be a fitting departure,
  to leave the planet to the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment