Friday, March 13, 2020

My eyes are the same as two years ago



I listened to Trump’s speech today in the Kaiser parking lot, while waiting for an eye exam.
He launched what every computer literate citizen groans about, a brand new, nationwide computer system – beta testing at the White House as I type this (Bill Gates was not on stage).  Governments are not known to be great at designing and implementing nationwide systems.  Maybe release 3.11.2 will work well enough, sometime in the Fall of 2021; then again, maybe things have improved since I retired.
Trump couldn’t get his {country of origin} on the Census paperwork, but I bet that question is on the list of his “few simple questions” to identify the test recipient along with a mailing address an SSN #.
Btw: I sure am happy I declined to be a Census worker this year.  There was a lot of prep work, but probably not enough spray bottles of Purell, gloves, and toilet paper.
His Corporate buddies on stage today aren’t going to worry about any ACLU suits or liberal judges telling them what they can ask.  With a National Emergency Label, Barr will squash any complaint.  If the computer system works, one result will be a great INS visit list.
Of course he skirted the whole question of where are the tens of millions of test kits that he has been promising for weeks and weeks.  Were there any real plans to do that in the first place?
I ordered a small set of stronger contacts to use at the DMV, but the eye Doc also gave me a slip of paper [pre-test] to avoid any DMV eye test in any event.  What he said was that I should have cataract surgery within the next 2-5 years.  We both agreed – after CoVid-19 is under control worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment