Wednesday, March 18, 2020

I thought I had achieved Food-Sourcing Nirvana,


I thought I had achieved Food-Sourcing Nirvana,
When I came back from a decade in Europe and shopped every day for fresh food. 
“I don’t eat frozen food”, I’d say.  Much like the Gluten and GMO people these days, I was dismissive.
“I never eat canned food”, I’d say.  Too many dangerous chemicals, and salt.  I read the labels now.
I used to enjoy eating lunch at Kaiser in Santa Rosa: these people saved my life, several times.  They don’t want me around anymore, and it’s a two-way street; their food wasn’t that healthy anyway.
I like my fresh blueberries and wild Atlantic Salmon, and they are good for a longevity to 99; if I make it to 82.  Reality has hit HARD.  I will take what is available now.  I was at Whole Foods yesterday: all the prepared, fresh food cabinets were empty.
I remember the mocking of the Soviet era:
“What are you in line for?”
“Whatever they have!!”
Through his ignorance, Trump made us a 3rd-World Country.  We will be lucky to survive.
Instead of Trump’s MAGA, let’s relax with MAHA, Hawaiian for relax.  I think it was the
“Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” that introduced, “Don’t Panic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment