Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Peaceful day along the River

 I went to Kaiser early this am – a regular checkup.

BP 112/64 and my heart still ticked, so all was OK. 

I had my blood assessed for Vitamins A, D and Calcium, since they’re asking me to take supplements for these – eyes and bones.  My numbers came in within ranges, midpoint plus 10%, so also OK.  My cholesterol wasn’t my hospital best of 150 a decade ago, but was a decent 176, considering I drink wine, and eat the occasional steak.


I built a chair into one of my raised garden beds (Pic 1), so I can sit amid the aromatic fragrances - Jasmine and Spring Clematis, in the late afternoon, and sip wine while the sun sets, Pic 2.  Sorry, the winter Clematis has finished for the year; but summer’s blue is coming soon.

Only Jeff might not question why I built this seat so cock-eyed onto a garden bed structure, or what and why the strange yellow object hanging next to the seat is.  I was not trying to create a Santa Cruz Mystery Spot type of place.


It’s a level and I use it religiously, and Jeff has already guessed that the board and the seat on it are DEAD, bubble in the middle, level.

No comments:

Post a Comment