Tuesday, April 20, 2021

A Post Script

 Today is the day before the third Wednesday of the month; which is my SS check deposit day – tomorrow.  Traditionally, this is my Mac & Cheese day.  But Tuesday’s are also Speer’s Day for Senior’s discounts, so I grabbed this ground turkey as my retiree due.

That’s dinner tonight. Pic 1

And if I have a drop in guest, which sometimes happens, I have enough to share.  While looking for bargains at Speer’s wine shelves, I also ran across this heretofore unheard-of Italian red at $5.99 a bottle.  A palatable nose, and at first taste, smooth (not the expected harshness), with a pleasant aftertaste. Pic 2

I’m still under $10 for two and could add splitting an avocado [2 for $5 at Safeway] as a salad, sneaking under the wire.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment